7" x 7" stencil card - Stencil Card 7" x 7" (50 Sheets) ACC-CA-30095-77
Potting soil/coffee archival - Archival Ink Pad - Coffee INK-AR-50037-XX
Distress or Artistry inks in yellow, green and red
Stencil brushes - Clarity Stencil Brushes (Set of 4) ACC-BR-30006-XX
Abstract square stencil - Abstract Squares 3 Stencil 7" x 7" STE-PA-00200-77
Jayne's Holly & Ivy stamp set- Jayne's Holly & Ivy Unmounted Clear Stamp Set STA-FL-10385-A5
Brown sharpie pen
8" card blank - CARD BLANKS & ENVELOPES X 10 8" x 8"DOVE WHITE INK ME!CBIM13
- Attach the stencil just to the top of the card with masking tape. This will allow you to lift the stencil without moving its position so you can check on your progress.
- Brush through randomly with the inks; building up and blending the colours until you're happy with the result. Don't be tempted to go too dark.
- With the stencil still in place, stamp through with "the Holly and the Ivy" in the same colours in a few areas to add a little extra texture and interest. (Its wise to check on a piece of scrap first, as you may need to use second generation ink).
- With a make-up sponge, smear any ink left on the stencil onto the card. This will make the edges of the design nice and crisp. Remove the stencil.
- With potting soil archival, stamp the long embellishments and the words into place.
- Add colour to the leaves and stems with pencils, and a drop shadow to the bottom of each square (if desired). Trim and edge with a sharpie pen, then mount onto a card blank.
I hope you like, and maybe feel inspired to have a go at something similar yourself. I'd love to see it if you do.
I'm off for now. A few things to catch up with before Barbara launches the One Day Special on Hochanda at 6pm. More wonderful Jayne Nestorenko designs. Its been a real pleasure to be remembering her by bringing her artwork to life. Till next time. Xxx