Friday 19 February 2016

Its a mystery...

Hello, its me again!  Yes, this blogging is getting to be a bit of a habit! 

I am sharing this card with you as I made it, when in all honesty, at the time I didn't really have much of an idea where it was going!

Better choose some colours first:  I love the finish you get with these Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints.  Try to use a mix of opaque and translucent ones, going for a light, medium and dark.  You can see here that I used South Pacific, Caribbean Sea and Limelight.


I put a blob of each on my craft mat, rolled through with my brayer (treat yourself to a second one if you want to use inks and paints, and keep 1 pristine for ink).  Then I just rolled the brayer over the card, working around the edges, and turning the card, and picking up more paint from the craft mat as necessary.  You want the colours to mix and blend, but not to muddy, so take care not to overwork it.
 

 I used the same paint colours to add a bit more texture and interest using the journaling set of stamps.  These are fabulous for backgrounds.

 
 A bit of squinting until I could see the lake and the hills.

Sponge in the lake gently with a copy paper mask and cornflower blue archival ink, and add the grasses in the foreground with library green.  


Cover up the lake and add more grasses at the other side, then sponge some hills in the background with a copy paper mask torn using the Clarity blending mat  and fern green archival ink.  I used one of the grasses to create the trees on the hill in the distance.  


Then I sponged round the large moon mask, again using cornflower blue archival ink.


Just gilding wax and glamour dust glitter round the edges to finish before matting on black card and layering up onto the card blank.


I enjoyed making this card so much that I did something very similar in my journal.  This was great fun, and I did more shading here with charcoal and spectrum noir pencils during my lunch breaks at work.  I love quiet crafty time when I can shut out all the day to day stresses if only for a short time to recharge my batteries.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you like it and maybe feel inspired to create your own abstract imagined landscape, that place to which you can escape and retreat whenever you feel the need. 
 
I still have more samples to blog so I hope you'll be back soon.  Till next time.  Xxx 

3 comments:

  1. Great blog post, must get some of these Fresco paints, love your colour choices xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations...such fab colours..X

    ReplyDelete