Wednesday 26 August 2015

Clean and crisp and even

Hello there.  I just realised I still had 2 cards left from the July show that I hadn't blogged, so here they are.  Well actually, I came on here for something else, and after seeing Jane Telfords's blog yesterday, I thought maybe it wasn't too late to blog them after all.  Its been a very exciting few days with the news about Clarity's move to Hochanda;  I know I can't wait for the launch tomorrow. 
 
 
This first card was made by stamping the large greeting in black archival and masking off the rectangle in the middle of the card.  I then brushed cracked pistachio and mermaid lagoon distress inks through one of the abstract squares stencils.  Then I chose to mask off a few of the squares and stamped through some of the "New Year" sentiments in black archival.  I drew in the frame for the "Merry Christmas" sentiment with a black micron pen, then coloured both it and the sentiment with the matching distress pens.  
 
 
Keeping the main part of my design within the centre of the square framer stencil;  to start with, I stamped the snowman in place without the line across the bottom.  I masked him off using masking fluid.  I then used the ploughed fields stencil, and brushed through a couple of hills very gently with cloudy blue adirondack ink.  Then I made a mask to cover the land, used masking fluid for the snowflakes, and brushed through denim adirondack for a dramatic night sky.  All that was left to do now was to stamp the word chains and the wee boy into place, then outline the scene with a black micron pen.  For a finishing touch, I added a tiny bit of colour to his carrot nose and his hat band.
 
I really enjoyed working with these stamps and I hope you will too.  It seems such a long time ago now since I made these.  I am planning in some time soon to get my Christmas cards made:  will I do variations on some of my samples, or something completely different?  I'll mix it up I think!  Till next time.  Xxx

4 comments:

  1. i think these will make the bulk of my christmas cards this year as i haven't started yet. lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I Theresa. Definitely need to get going with mine very soon, or I won't be sending any!!!!!! X

      Delete
  2. These are great Barbara! So glad I reminded you! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Barbara! So glad I reminded you! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete