Wednesday 15 July 2015

More Claritystamp Christmas Wee Folk

Hello everyone.  When these stamp sets arrived I just knew I was going to love working with them.  Of course, they mix and match perfectly with the word chains, which is what I did here.
 
 
 
The gift bag was steamed open, so I could lay it out flat and work on it, then stick it all back together again when I was done.

 
The bacgrounds were all made using Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints with the brayer:  I used Eggplant, London Bus and Banana.

 
The trick is not to overwork it;  you want the colours to mix and blend, not go muddy.

 
For the notelets, I now simply stamped in black archival and matted onto black card to finish.

 
 
For the bag, I also stamped the little stars from the wee folk fairy set all over the background, in a mixture of gold Spectrum Noir aquatint and second generation saffron, red geranium and deep purple archivals.  I then finished with the words and the wee folk to match the notelets.

 
 
Holes punched in the top of the gift bag to thread through some organza ribbon for a pretty bow, and its all finished.  I hope I've given you some inspiration to start your own Christmas projects and I'd love to hear what you think about this little set.  I really enjoyed making it.  Till next time.  Xxx

3 comments:

  1. Loved these when I saw them - you did some fab work on your first showing on C&C - Brilliant Barbara :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab makes. simple idea that is so effective and creates lots of impact xx

    ReplyDelete