Thursday 13 March 2014

Edelweiss

Hello again.  This time I thought I'd just share a quick card made with this month's Clarity New Design Club stamp.  I was inspired by a card we made at Maria Simms' Shrewsbury workshop.  Maria gave us some great tips on pattern building, so I thought I'd give it another go with a different stamp.

Using Versamark ink, I first stamped the vertical and horizontal stems, then applied the Perfect Pearls:  yellow for the centre of the flowers, white for the petals and green for the stems and leaves.  Once I'd wiped away the excess with a tissue, and I could see where I'd already stamped, I was able to stamp the diagonal stems into position and dust again with Perfect pearls as before.  And that's it!  I think sometimes less can be more.

 
Simply matted onto silver mirri board, the understated look of this card could make it suitable for a number of different occasions;  even a sympathy card.
 
I'd love to hear what you think;  your comments always inspire and encourage me.  Till next time. Xxx
  

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara. I agree with you that sometimes less is more. I like what you have done with the flower. I haven't tried mine yet. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not had chance to try mine yet either but I think this is fabulous Barbara. So simple but beautifully effective. Love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete